Table of Contents
Vegetation of Carpathian wetlands
Source of data
Hájek et al. (2002), Supplementary materials of ter Braak & Schaffers (2004) and also used in Case study 2 in Lepš & Šmilauer (2003).
Description of dataset
Data about vegetation of vascular plants and bryophytes together with environmental variables, recorded in 16 m2 plots from 70 fens1) (1 plot per locality). Occurrence and cover of species were recorded on the nine-grade scale of van der Maarel (1979) for both vascular plants and bryophytes. Water samples for consequent chemical analysis were taken in microsites best supplied by water from the central part of the fen.
Borderland between the Czech Republic and Slovakia, on the margin of Western Carpathians, in Carpathian flysch zone.
First 14 variables are chemical parameters of fen water (Ca, Mg, Fe, K, Na, Si, SO4, PO4, NO3, NH3, Cl, Corg, pH and conductivity), the last is slope. For details, see Methods in the paper of Hájek et al. (2002).
Data for download
- datahajek.zip - zip files containing all matrices
Script for direct import of data to R
bryo <- read.delim ('https://raw.githubusercontent.com/zdealveindy/anadat-r/master/data/bryophytes.txt', row.names = 1) vasc <- read.delim ('https://raw.githubusercontent.com/zdealveindy/anadat-r/master/data/vasc_plants.txt', row.names = 1) chem <- read.delim ('https://raw.githubusercontent.com/zdealveindy/anadat-r/master/data/chemistry.txt', row.names = 1)
- Hájek M., Hekera P. & Hájková P. (2002): Spring fen vegetation and water chemistry in the Western Carpathian flysch zone. - Folia Geobotanica, 37: 205-224. www
- Lepš J. & Šmilauer P. (2003): Multivariate Analysis of Ecological Data using CANOCO. Cambridge Press.
- ter Braak C.J. & Schaffers A.P. (2004): Co-correspondence analysis: a new ordination method to relate two community compositions. - Ecology, 85:834–846. Supplementary materials
- van der Maarel E. (1979): Transformation of cover-abundance values in phytosociology and its effects on community similarity. - Vegetatio, 39: 97–114.